The evalation report from the Self-Care Participation and Engagement Programme, developed and delivered as part of the Newcastle Gateshead Vanguard Care Home Programme, is now avaialable. The report includes an overview of the programme, the evaluation findings and a series of recommendations.Read More
Read our first newsletter of 2017, featuring Newcastle Gateshead self-care participation & engagement programme; AHSN best practice sharing event - avoiding falls in older people; Prime Minister's speech - extracts on mental health; our monthly round-up of policy news and publications.
The evaluation report of the pilot North East Community Mental Health Resilience through Football project has been published. The project aims to:
- engage men about their mental health through football sporting activity and popular culture
- raise awareness of the importance of good mental health amongst men, their families and communities
- facilitate greater self-awareness of one's own mental health and emotional resilience
- enable men to be able to recognise emotional distress in others, eg. their friends and families
- promote the social acceptability of talking about emotional problems
- change/challenge male attitudes towards personal mental health
- promote the social acceptability of help seeking and awareness of local services
Download our Christmas edition featuring recruitment of self-care advocates, Mind's findings on local authority spend on public mental health, NHS England's new transformation fund and our regular round-up of policy news and publications.
A bumper edition featuring the Out of Area Placements project, the second Self-Care Participation & Engagement programme, training from NIWE Eating Disorder Service, NTW Quality Priorities workshop, treatments & procedures of 'questionable value', the national dementia survey, CQCs annual mental health Act monitoring report and this months round up of policy news and publications.